Packing your backpack is definitely an art. Your backpack is your life force; your source of all things. For one, space is of the essence, so you can’t bring too much stuff. On the other hand, you don’t want to forget anything important that you can’t do without.
I once went camping for a weekend and forgot chapstick. Turns out there is absolutely no replacement for chapstick. Not lotion. Not sunscreen. NOTHING!!!!
I also will not go anywhere overnight without a tweezer.
Next week, I leave for Ecuador, which is located right at the Equator in South America. Follow along in this video as I pack my toiletry bag for my 8-day trip!
Toiletry packing list for female backpackers
- Contacts & eye drops
- Backup glasses
- Face wash & moisturizer
- Tip: Choose a double duty moisturizer that is a CC cream and a sunscreen
- Body lotion
- Shampoo & conditioner
- Mini hairbrush
- Travel size deodorant
- Tip: Our tester (that’s me) found this lasted for exactly 4 weeks
- Detergent & sink stopper
- Tip: Purchase a cheap rubber stopper for a dollar and do your laundry in the shower!
- Flossers & Q-tips
- Toothpaste & toothbrush
- Baby wipes/Kleenex (for those times where there just isn’t toilet paper… it’s more often than you think!)
- CHAPSTICK. VERY IMPORTANT.
Medical packing list for female backpackers
- Nail clippers & nail file
- Triple antibiotic ointment
- Bug spray
Cosmetics packing list for female backpackers
Universal tip: Sample sizes. Sample sizes. Sample sizes.
- Pencil sharpener
- Mascara or waterproof mascara
- One lipstick
- Makeup brushes
- Tip: Child-size brushes are about half the size
This list is not meant to be exhaustive. I am somewhat of a minimalist and these are my absolute necessities. Your packing list will most certainly differ. Share with me in a comment your must-haves!