But first, check out the most recent blogs:
Welcome! Hi, I’m Julie. I’ve been a full-time nomad for over a year, prioritizing passions over possessions, and documenting it all along the way. And boy, it’s been a trip!
After several years of sporadically and periodically renting out my house for vacationers while I traveled, in September 2020, I sold my house in Phoenix and most of my belongings in order to live a minimalist, nomadic life traveling 24-7, accompanied by my 5-year-old miniature Australian shepherd Penny. (Yes, global pandemic be damned.)
In 2017, I experienced a soul-shattering layoff, took a 1-month trip abroad, and had my heart broken, which spurred me to start this blog and YouTube channel. Sharing my vulnerabilities, self-discoveries, and practical philosophies on travel — 50 states, 22 countries and counting! — love, money, and career has helped me re-prioritize, heal, and completely change my outlook on life.
I’ve been at this nomad life journey over a year, and I haven’t looked back yet (ok, maybe a glance once or twice). I’ve learned so much, and I can’t imagine living any other way and settling down again. I may be missing a meaningful, stable, and passion-filled relationship — but that’s ok, my life waits for no one (and maybe I’ll find him along the way!).
I hope to inspire and empower YOU to be true to yourself and implement positive change — whatever that may look like — in your life (if I can help, let me know!). I’m also working on my memoir which outlines my entire journey in detail. Subscribe to this website to stay updated on all posts and announcements!
Thanks for coming. I’m glad you’re here. xoxo, Julie ❤️
New posts in your inbox!
- Nomad Life Month #15: Cleaning Out My Storage Unit, A New Chapter
- I’m a Digital Nomad Traveling the U.S.: A Day in My Life
- My Worst Financial Mistake Ever: Saving Money
- I’m a Nomad: How I Build a Network of Friends in the Places I Visit
- Nomad Life is NOT for the Faint of Heart
- Nomad Life September 2021, Montreal: Getting Into Canada from the U.S. by Car!
- #FirstSoloTrip: Gathering the Courage to Solo Travel
- Ask Me Anything: Your Frequently Asked Questions About Nomad Life
- The Truth About Nomad Life with a Dog
- Saving Money on Housing: Travel Hacks for the Frequent Traveler or Nomad
- Month #11 of Nomad Life is a Wrap: What I’ve Learned So Far
- How I Determine Stopping Points on the Nomad Life
- Nomad Life Love Update: Understanding, The Highest Love
- Personal Safety Measures I Take As a Female Full-Time Solo Traveler
- What Financial Freedom Means to Me
- 6 Misconceptions About Solo Travel