But first, check out the most recent blogs:
Welcome! Hi, I’m Julie B. Rose. I’ve been a full-time nomad for two years, prioritizing passions over possessions, and documenting it all along the way. And boy, it’s been a trip!
After several years of sporadically and periodically renting out my house for vacationers while I traveled, in 2020, I sold my house in Phoenix and most of my belongings in order to live a minimalist, nomadic life traveling 24-7, accompanied by my 6-year-old miniature Australian shepherd Penny. (Yes, global pandemic be damned.)
In 2017, I experienced a soul-shattering layoff, took a 1-month trip abroad, and had my heart broken, which spurred me to start this blog and YouTube channel. Sharing my vulnerabilities, self-discoveries, and practical philosophies on travel — 50 U.S. states, 31 countries and counting! — love, money, and career has helped me re-prioritize, heal, and completely change my outlook on life.
I’ve been at this nomad life journey for a while now, and I haven’t looked back yet (ok, maybe a glance once or twice). I’ve learned so much, and I can’t imagine living any other way and settling in one place again. I may be missing a meaningful, stable, and passion-filled relationship — but that’s ok, my life waits for no one (and maybe he’ll find me along the way!).
Over the first 15 months of my nomad life journey, I worked remotely in a high-profile social media position, but in December 2021, I decided to leave my traditional 9-5 for a mini-retirement/sabbatical. During this chapter (I was in Mexico for the first half of 2022 and Europe in late 2022), I will focus on writing my memoir, on being present in the places I visit, and fully embracing all my interests and passions. I’ll also be focusing a lot more on my blog, social media channels, and connecting with all of you!
I hope to inspire and empower YOU to be true to yourself and implement positive change — whatever that may look like — in your life. And I’m here to help — whether you’re seeking advice on minimizing and / or becoming a nomad, traveling or moving to Mexico or elsewhere abroad, solo female travel, traveling with a pet, maximizing your budget or financing a career break, getting a remote job and transitioning to a work-from-anywhere environment… learn how to schedule 1:1, dedicated time with me.
Want to learn even more about me? Read Ask Me Anything: 2022 (International and Jobless) Edition! and Ask Me Anything: Your Frequently Asked Questions About Nomad Life (USA Edition).
Don’t forget to subscribe to stay updated on all posts and announcements! Thanks for coming. I’m glad you’re here. xoxo, Julie ❤️
For optimal navigation, hover over Blog in the top navigation bar and select the category that interests you. Or, click here for a rundown by title of my last 100 posts.
Sign up for new posts in your inbox! Your email address will not be shared.
- How I Packed for 16 Weeks (and Two Seasons) in Europe in One Suitcase; Plus, My Monos Luggage Review
- I’m One Year Into My Sabbatical — How It’s Going
- 16 Weeks in Europe Recap: My “Best of” List
- A Travel Itinerary for the Foodie: Split, Croatia
- You CAN Afford It: How to Travel When You Don’t Have Tons of Savings
- My Third Month in Europe: How Much I Spent & Where I’ve Been
- I’m a Nomad: Here’s My Experience With Global Expat Health Insurance
- 7 Surprising Realizations I’ve Had Since Quitting My Job at 36
- I’m a Full-Time Solo Traveler: Do I Ever Get Lonely?
- How Much This Full-Time Nomad Spent in Europe (Days 31-60)
- Why We Should Stop Looking for Soulmates
- My Travel Guide for Budapest: What to Eat and What to Do
- Happy 2-Year Nomadiversary to Me, and a Message: Don’t Wait for Your Life to Start
- It Costs How Much to Travel?! What I Spent My First 30 Days in Europe
- Ask Me Anything: 2022 (International and Jobless) Edition!
- Lessons from an Expert International Traveler: Sharing the Early Mistakes I Made (So You Don’t Make Them Too)