But first, check out the most recent blogs:
Hi, I’m Julie. I’m a mobile, modern woman living life on my own terms, prioritizing passions over possessions, and documenting it all along the way.
In 2017, I experienced a soul-shattering layoff, took a 1-month trip abroad, and had my heart broken, which spurred me to start this blog and YouTube channel. Sharing my vulnerabilities, self-discoveries, and practical philosophies on love, solo travel — 22 countries, 41 states and counting! — and career helped me re-prioritize, heal, and completely change my outlook on life.
After a few years of sporadically and periodically renting out my house for vacationers while I traveled, in 2020, I sold my house in Phoenix and most of my belongings in order to live a minimalist, nomadic life traveling full-time, accompanied by my 5-year-old miniature Australian shepherd Penny. (Yes, global pandemic be damned.)
I can’t wait to experience ALL THE THINGS during my nomad life journey. My goal is that within one years’ time I will have visited all 50 states, will have a scrapbook (aka Instagram feed) the size of Mars, and will find the place I’d like to settle… and hopefully, God-willing, a shot at the meaningful, stable, and passion-filled relationship I’ve so long awaited.
I hope that by relating to my experiences, you may be inspired and empowered to implement positive change in your life too. Drop me a note on my various social channels. I’d love your feedback!
New posts in your inbox!
- Personal Safety Measures I Take As a Female Full-Time Solo Traveler
- What Financial Freedom Means to Me
- 6 Misconceptions About Solo Travel
- Online Dating Do’s and Don’ts: From a Single Woman in Her 30s
- What Are Your Money, Time, and Emotional Energy Wasters? Cut That Overhead
- I’m in My 30s and Single — But ‘Looking’ I’m Not
- My Secrets to Solo Travel Photography
- 8 Un-Glamorous Things about Nomad Life, and How I Cope
- Deliberately Homeless: I Don’t Have a Home, But I’m Happy
- Reflections on ‘Missing Arizona’, Almost 6 Months Into Nomad Life