joie de vi·vre
ˌZHwä də ˈvēvrə/
exuberant enjoyment of life
I’m a mobile, modern woman living life on my own terms, prioritizing passions over possessions, and documenting it all along the way.
In 2017, I experienced a soul-shattering layoff, took a 1-month trip abroad, and had my heart broken, which spurred me to start this blog and YouTube channel. Sharing my vulnerabilities, self-discoveries, and practical philosophies on love, solo travel — 20 countries, 36 states and counting! — and career helped me re-prioritize, heal, and completely change my outlook on life.
After a few years of sporadically and periodically renting out my house for vacationers while I traveled, in 2020, I sold my house in Phoenix and most of my belongings in order to live a minimalist, nomadic life traveling full-time, accompanied by my 4-year-old miniature Australian shepherd Penny. (Yes, global pandemic be damned.)
I hope that by relating to my experiences, you may be inspired and empowered to implement positive change in your life too. Drop me a note on my various social channels. I’d love your feedback!
- An Open Letter to the Local Men I Meet During Nomad Life
- The #1 Finance Fact That Guided my Decision to Downsize
- Countdown to the Nomad Life: A Recap of the 6 Weeks I Spent Downsizing
- Why I Decided to Sell My House, 99% of my Belongings, and Travel the U.S. by Car (In the Middle of a Pandemic)
- The Truth About Attraction and Vulnerability