But first, check out the most recent blogs:
Welcome! Hi, I’m Julie B. Rose. I’ve been a full-time nomad for two years, prioritizing passions over possessions, and documenting it all along the way. And boy, it’s been a trip!
After several years of sporadically and periodically renting out my house for vacationers while I traveled, in 2020, I sold my house in Phoenix and most of my belongings in order to live a minimalist, nomadic life traveling 24-7, accompanied by my 6-year-old miniature Australian shepherd Penny. (Yes, global pandemic be damned.)
In 2017, I experienced a soul-shattering layoff, took a 1-month trip abroad, and had my heart broken, which spurred me to start this blog and YouTube channel. Sharing my vulnerabilities, self-discoveries, and practical philosophies on travel — 50 U.S. states, 27 countries and counting! — love, money, and career has helped me re-prioritize, heal, and completely change my outlook on life.
I’ve been at this nomad life journey for a while now, and I haven’t looked back yet (ok, maybe a glance once or twice). I’ve learned so much, and I can’t imagine living any other way and settling in one place again. I may be missing a meaningful, stable, and passion-filled relationship — but that’s ok, my life waits for no one (and maybe he’ll find me along the way!).
Over the first 15 months of my nomad life journey, I worked remotely in a high-profile social media position, but in December 2021, I decided to leave my traditional 9-5 for a mini-retirement/sabbatical. During this chapter (I was in Mexico for the first half of 2022 and Europe in late 2022), I will focus on writing my memoir, on being present in the places I visit, and fully embracing all my interests and passions. I’ll also be focusing a lot more on my blog, social media channels, and connecting with all of you!
I hope to inspire and empower YOU to be true to yourself and implement positive change — whatever that may look like — in your life. And I’m here to help — whether you’re seeking advice on minimizing and / or becoming a nomad, traveling or moving to Mexico or elsewhere abroad, solo female travel, traveling with a pet, maximizing your budget or financing a career break, getting a remote job and transitioning to a work-from-anywhere environment… learn how to schedule 1:1, dedicated time with me.
Don’t forget to subscribe to stay updated on all posts and announcements! Thanks for coming. I’m glad you’re here. xoxo, Julie ❤️
For optimal navigation, hover over Blog in the top navigation bar and select the category that interests you. Or, click here for a rundown by title of my last 100 posts.
Sign up for new posts in your inbox! Your email address will not be shared.
- How Much This Full-Time Nomad Spent in Europe (Days 31-60)
- Why We Should Stop Looking for Soulmates
- My Travel Guide for Budapest: What to Eat and What to Do
- Happy 2-Year Nomadiversary to Me, and a Message: Don’t Wait for Your Life to Start
- It Costs How Much to Travel?! What I Spent My First 30 Days in Europe
- Ask Me Anything: 2022 (International and Jobless) Edition!
- Lessons from an Expert International Traveler: Sharing the Early Mistakes I Made (So That You Don’t Have to Make Them Too)
- A Nomad Birthday in Slovenia (Plus, My Travel Guide for Bled!)
- My Money Mindset: How Living Off Savings Has Changed My Thinking
- Mexico Must-Do: My Favorite and Most Memorable (and Photogenic) Experiences
- How Much I Spent in My 6th Month Traveling Mexico
- Mexico’s Huasteca Potosina: My Solo Travel Experience (with a Dog)!
- I’m 36 and I’m Semi-Retired… What Does That Even Mean?!
- 7-Day Itinerary for Oaxaca: What to Do, Eat, and Visit
- I Invited My (International Travel Hesitant) Mother to Mexico: How It Went
- One Month in Mexico City: What I Did and What I Spent!