But first, check out the most recent blogs:
Welcome! Hi, I’m Julie B. Rose. I’ve been a full-time nomad for over a year and a half, prioritizing passions over possessions, and documenting it all along the way. And boy, it’s been a trip!
After several years of sporadically and periodically renting out my house for vacationers while I traveled, in 2020, I sold my house in Phoenix and most of my belongings in order to live a minimalist, nomadic life traveling 24-7, accompanied by my 6-year-old miniature Australian shepherd Penny. (Yes, global pandemic be damned.)
In 2017, I experienced a soul-shattering layoff, took a 1-month trip abroad, and had my heart broken, which spurred me to start this blog and YouTube channel. Sharing my vulnerabilities, self-discoveries, and practical philosophies on travel — 50 states, 22 countries and counting! — love, money, and career has helped me re-prioritize, heal, and completely change my outlook on life.
I’ve been at this nomad life journey for a while now, and I haven’t looked back yet (ok, maybe a glance once or twice). I’ve learned so much, and I can’t imagine living any other way and settling in one place again. I may be missing a meaningful, stable, and passion-filled relationship — but that’s ok, my life waits for no one (and maybe he’ll find me along the way!).
Over the first 15 months of my nomad life journey, I worked remotely in a high-profile social media position, but in December 2021, I decided to leave my traditional 9-5 for a mini-retirement/sabbatical. During this next chapter (I’m in Mexico for the first half of 2022), I will focus on writing my memoir, on being present in the places I visit, and fully embracing all my interests and passions. I’ll also be focusing a lot more on my blog, social media channels, and connecting with all of you!
I hope to inspire and empower YOU to be true to yourself and implement positive change — whatever that may look like — in your life. And I’m here to help — whether you’re seeking advice on minimizing and / or becoming a nomad, traveling or moving to Mexico or elsewhere abroad, solo female travel, traveling with a pet, maximizing your budget or financing a career break, getting a remote job and transitioning to a work-from-anywhere environment… learn how to schedule 1:1, dedicated time with me.
Don’t forget to subscribe to stay updated on all posts and announcements! Thanks for coming. I’m glad you’re here. xoxo, Julie ❤️
For optimal navigation, hover over Blog in the top navigation bar and select the category that interests you. Or, click here for a rundown by title of my last 100 posts.
Sign up for new posts in your inbox! Your email address will not be shared.
- My Secrets to Minimalist Fashion
- Homeless, Jobless, and Happy: But I Still Feel ‘Successful’
- My Spending Breakdown for Month #4 in Mexico: $2,253
- My Experience Getting 180 Days in Mexico as a Tourist (In 2022)
- How Solo Travel (In Mexico) Has Changed Me
- My Mexico Road Trip: Where I’ve Been and What I Thought
- Letter to My Narcissistic Ex-Lover
- How Much I Spent in Month #3 in Mexico (Puerta Vallarta Edition)
- I’m a Nomad, But No, I Won’t Consider a Long-Distance Relationship (+ Caveat)
- The Three Mantras I Adopted That Inspired Me to Leave My Traditional Life Behind
- How Full-Time Travel Helped Cure My Eating Disorder
- How Safe Do I Feel in Mexico… Really?
- My Spending Breakdown for Mexico, Month #2
- 7-Day Itinerary for San Miguel de Allende with Photos (Plus Dog-Friendly Spots!)
- I Looked Before I Leapt: How I Spent The Last 4 1/2 Years Getting Ready to Quit My Job and Travel the World
- Dining Out, Hotels, Safety, Vet Care and Food: How Dog-Friendly is Mexico?