But first, check out the most recent blogs:
Welcome! Hi, I’m Julie B. Rose. I’ve been a full-time nomad for over a year and a half, prioritizing passions over possessions, and documenting it all along the way. And boy, it’s been a trip!
After several years of sporadically and periodically renting out my house for vacationers while I traveled, in 2020, I sold my house in Phoenix and most of my belongings in order to live a minimalist, nomadic life traveling 24-7, accompanied by my 5-year-old miniature Australian shepherd Penny. (Yes, global pandemic be damned.)
In 2017, I experienced a soul-shattering layoff, took a 1-month trip abroad, and had my heart broken, which spurred me to start this blog and YouTube channel. Sharing my vulnerabilities, self-discoveries, and practical philosophies on travel — 50 states, 22 countries and counting! — love, money, and career has helped me re-prioritize, heal, and completely change my outlook on life.
I’ve been at this nomad life journey for a while now, and I haven’t looked back yet (ok, maybe a glance once or twice). I’ve learned so much, and I can’t imagine living any other way and settling in one place again. I may be missing a meaningful, stable, and passion-filled relationship — but that’s ok, my life waits for no one (and maybe I’ll find him along the way!).
Over the first 15 months of my nomad life journey, I worked remotely in a high-profile social media position, but in December 2021, I decided to leave my traditional 9-5 for a mini-retirement/sabbatical. During this next chapter (I’m in Mexico for the first half of 2022), I will focus on finishing my memoir, on being present in the places I visit, and fully embracing all my interests and passions. I’ll also be focusing a lot more on my channel and connecting with all of you!
I hope to inspire and empower YOU to be true to yourself and implement positive change — whatever that may look like — in your life (if I can help, let me know!). And my memoir will outline my entire journey in detail. Subscribe to stay updated on all posts and announcements!
Thanks for coming. I’m glad you’re here. xoxo, Julie ❤️
For optimal navigation, hover over Blog in the top navigation bar and select the category that interests you. Or, click here for a rundown by title of my last 100 posts.
Sign up for new posts in your inbox! Your email address will not be shared.
- My Secrets to Minimalist Fashion
- Homeless, Jobless, and Happy: But I Still Feel ‘Successful’
- My Spending Breakdown for Month #4 in Mexico: $2,253
- My Experience Getting 180 Days in Mexico as a Tourist (In 2022)
- How Solo Travel (In Mexico) Has Changed Me
- My Mexico Road Trip: Where I’ve Been and What I Thought
- Letter to My Narcissistic Ex-Lover
- How Much I Spent in Month #3 in Mexico (Puerta Vallarta Edition)
- I’m a Nomad, But No, I Won’t Consider a Long-Distance Relationship (+ Caveat)
- The Three Mantras I Adopted That Inspired Me to Leave My Traditional Life Behind
- How Full-Time Travel Helped Cure My Eating Disorder
- How Safe Do I Feel in Mexico… Really?
- My Spending Breakdown for Mexico, Month #2
- 7-Day Itinerary for San Miguel de Allende with Photos (Plus Dog-Friendly Spots!)
- I Looked Before I Leapt: How I Spent The Last 4 1/2 Years Getting Ready to Quit My Job and Travel the World
- Dining Out, Hotels, Safety, Vet Care and Food: How Dog-Friendly is Mexico?